I’ve just finished moving into my apartment for the summer in San Francisco where I’m working as an SDE intern for Workday.
Here are a few things I’ve noticed about SF so far:
- The homeless problem was not exaggerated. It really is bad.
- Uber is amazing. New York needs to step aside and let capitalism do it’s job.
- Free same-day and 1-day delivery from Amazon Prime is amazing too.
- It’s not as warm as I thought. I failed to bring my other pairs of jeans and sweatpants, so I’ll have to
- Target, Trader Joe’s, Costco, gyms, grocery stores–everything is so close!
- So much good BJJ: I’ll be training at Ralph Gracie’s academy and 10th Planet’s SF satellite.
- Everyone honks all the time. Why?
- Vegan heaven. The two top rated restaurants around me are both vegan and there’s a vegetarian grocery store very close by.
Keep in mind that this is also the first time that I’ve lived in a major city since I’ve had personal agency.
I’m going to try and write a lot more often since it’s the summer now, so stay tuned for more!